Berhampur is located on the eastern coastline of Ganjam district in the state of Odisha. It is known as the “Silk City” due to its different coloured silk sarees. This city also has wide fame for its theatre and cinema. Here, people can find the two oldest theatre halls in India – Prakasam hall and The Ganjam Kala Parishad.
Every visitor should try the famous food items of Berhampur such as cashew coconut lassi, chicken pakoda, paneer tikka, biriyani, Italian styled ice cream to feel the complete essence of this city.
Top 5 tourist places in Berhampur
1) Potagarh – This fort is very famous among history lovers and adventurous people. This place is also called “The Buried Fort” and It is believed that Potagarh is a haunted fort.
2) Taratarini Temple – According to Sat Yuga, this temple is one of the four major Shakti piths and it is a beautiful pilgrimage also.
3) Daringbadi – This place is well-known as the “Kashmir of Odisha”. Daringbadi attracts thousands of visitors with its moderate weather, beaches, temples, valleys, coffee gardens, forests, and so on.
4) Taptapani – It is a famous hot spring and surrounded by serene nature. People love to visit here to feel the beautiful nature and the hot water.
5) Aryapalli beach – This beach is famous for its serenity. Nature lovers should visit here to feel the purity of nature and this beach is also good for those who love to surf or swim on a beach.
Best time to visit Berhampur
Winter is the best season to visit Berhampur, Odisha. The temperature remains quite cool during the months from October to January. Summer is not appropriate to visit here due to the extremely hot temperature but the monsoon is better than the summer. People can visit here in monsoon also but they are suggested to carry an umbrella always with them.
How to reach Berhampur
Visitors must travel up to Berhampur railway station by train as it is well connected to the major cities. Then they can take a taxi or cab to reach any part of Berhampur.
Biju Patnaik International Airport is the nearest airport from Berhampur. There is no airport available in Berhampur. Arriving at that airport, visitors can book taxis as well as buses to reach Berhampur.
Visitors can come to Berhampur by using the bus service also. The bus route is safe and pretty good for the visitors.