Chandipur is a famous beach resort and it is situated in the Balasore district of Odisha. It is almost 16 km away from Balasore. This place is also considered an excellent picnic spot. Here, every tourist enjoys the moment when the seawater comes down to the shore and moves on in a rhythm; It happens twice a day. This beach also gives a great opportunity to those who love to walk or ride a bike at the seashore.
The sea-foods like prawns and pomfrets are very popular in Chandipur. If any visitor returns home without eating the Odia-style fried prawns and pomfrets, he will miss something great for sure!
Top 5 tourist places in Chandipur
1. Chandipur beach – The horseshoe crabs and the red crabs are found here and the water during the high tide and the low tide looks mesmerizing.
2. Nilagiri – This place is famous for its blue coloured mountains and the delicious sweets.
3. Panchalingeswar Shrine – This place is well-known for its 5 statues of Lord Shiva and it is an ideal place for trekking also.
4. Similipal forest reserve – It is considered one of the principal tiger projects in India and also the largest wildlife sanctuary in India.
5. Remuna – Remuna is one of the best tourist attractions due to its Kheerchora Gopinath Temple. It is a beautiful pilgrimage also.
Best time to visit Chandipur
Winter is the ideal season to visit Chandipur. The ambiance of this place is quite cool during the months from November to March. The temperature remains around 22° Celsius which is perfect for visiting the sightseeing. The summer season is not good for visiting Chandipur but the monsoon is better than the summer as the rainfall in the monsoon makes Chandipur more beautiful. People may visit this place in winter as well as in monsoon but they are suggested to carry an umbrella with them.
How to Reach Chandipur
To reach Chandipur, visitors must travel up to Balasore by train as there is no railway station available in Chandipur. The distance between Chandipur and Balasore is almost 16 km.
There is no airport available in Chandipur. The nearest airport from Chandipur is Biju Patnaik International airport. The distance between Chandipur and the airport is almost 226 km.
People can travel by bus to reach Balasore first. Then they take an auto-rickshaw or taxi to reach Chandipur.