Jeypore is the largest town in the state of Odisha and it is also known as the City of Victory. Rath Yatra and Ghata Parba are the two most popular festivals in Jeypore. The entire locality celebrates these festivals with great enthusiasm and most of the tourists gather here for attending these festivals every year. This town has wide fame for its Odiya cuisines such as machha besara, pakhala, khasi mansa, upma, puri, vada, and the Oriya sweets such as rasgulla and chenna poda.
Top 5 tourist places in Jeypore
1) Gupteshwar Cave – This cave is famous among the devotees of Shiv Ji for its hidden God called Gupteshwar. Most of the tourists love to visit this place to attend the famous festival called “Sravana festival”.
2) Bagara – This place is a famous picnic spot among nature lovers. It is one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Odisha.
3) Shakti Waterfalls – This waterfall is surrounded by hills and forests. The height of this waterfall is almost 20 feet and this height makes the waterfall special among the tourists. And it is a good place for trekking also.
4) Deomali – It is the tallest peak in Odisha and this place is perfect for those who love long drives.
5) Koraput – This town is one of the most visited tourist places in Odisha due to its tribal folks and exotic wildlife. A temple dedicated to Lord Jagannath is also situated in Koratpur.
Best time to visit Jeypore
Winter is better than summer and monsoon to visit Jeypore. Visitors can enjoy this place during the months from October to February. The temperature remains around 23°Celsius in those months. People should not visit Jeypore in summer and monsoon to avoid the hot weather and heavy rainfall respectively.
How to reach Jeypore
As there is no airport available in Jeypore, people have to travel up to Visakhapatnam Airport by flight, and then they can take taxis to reach Jeypore.
Visitors can travel up to Jeypore railway station by train. It is one of the easiest ways to reach Jeypore. Cabs that can take you to any part of the city, are always available outside the railway premises.
To reach Jeypore, visitors can use the bus service. It is the cheapest and the most comfortable way to reach the town. Government, as well as private buses, are available on this route.