Rayagada is a beautiful district in the state of Odisha and here the inhabitants are mostly from tribal communities, mainly the Soras and the Khonds are found here. Rayagada has wide fame for its rich collection of silicon and bauxite. The inhabitants celebrate the Chaiti Festival in Rayagada every year and it is one of the best attractions for which outsiders make a crowd here.
Top 5 tourist places in Rayagada
1) Hanging bridge in Chekaguda – This bridge is also called “Jhula bridge” which is located in a village named Chekaguda in Rayagada. Visitors can stand here and witness the environmental beauty of Rayagada.
2) Hatipathar – It is a famous picnic spot in Odisha and it is encircled by dense forests. Most of the tourists love this place because of its beautiful location.
3) Minajhola – This village has a famous temple of Lord Shiva and this place is a beautiful combination of religion and nature.
4) Maa Majhighariani Temple – This temple is dedicated to Maa Majhighariani, an avatar of Goddess Durga. This place gets most of its crowd in the month of April due to the famous festival called Chaitra Parva.
5) Chatikona – This village is famous for its tribal arts and handicrafts. The Shiva Temple and the Chatikona waterfall also attract people from all over India.
Best time to visit Rayagada
The months from October to February are the perfect time to visit Rayagada. December is the coolest month in Rayagada. The temperature in December remains around 21°Celcius which makes Rayagada everyone’s favourite. The temperature in summer remains around 35-40°Celsius which is not good at all and the monsoon is also not appropriate due to the rainfall.
How to reach Rayagada
This place has its railway station called Rayagada. It is well connected to the major cities, so getting here by train, is not difficult at all. Then visitors can use cabs to reach any part of this place.
Vishakhapatnam Airport is the nearest airport from Rayagada. So visitors are suggested to travel up to Vishakhapatnam by flight and then they can make use of the cab or bus service to reach Rayagada.
The bus route of Rayagada is very convenient for the visitors and so many buses are available on this route.