Daringbadi is a beautiful hill station that is situated in the Kandhmal district in Odisha. This village is called “Kashmir of Odisha” because it is located at a height of 3000feet. In Odisha, it is the only place where people experience the minus degree temperature and the snowfall also. Its green valleys, pine forest and coffee estates are very famous among the tourists and it is a very good place for removing the stress level. It has wide fame for its excellent quality of turmeric.
Top 5 tourist places in Daringbadi
1) Belghar sanctuary – Here tourists can get the chance to see the endangered animals in the forest and a tribe called “Doriakhond” is also seen in this area frequently.
2) Hill viewpoint – This place is well-known among the tourists as they can observe the exotic beauty from here in a serene atmosphere and this place is also good for watching the perfect sunrise and sunset.
3) Putudi waterfalls – It is one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Odisha and tourists must need a guide to reach the dense forest and to the waterfall.
4) Doluri river – The banks of this river are extremely beautiful and this river makes Daringbadi more interesting to visit.
5) Kotagarh sanctuary – This sanctuary is very famous among animal lovers. Here people can see tigers, sambars, reptiles, and more species of animals.
Best time to visit Daringbadi
Daringbadi shows the greatest form of its natural beauty in winters. The temperatures from December to February remain quite cool and it is the only season to enjoy the real beauty.
How to reach Daringbadi
As the nearest railway station from Daringbadi is Berhampur(BAM), it will be good to travel up to BAM and then one can easily book cabs or can take public buses to reach the main place that is Daringbadi.
Biju Patnaik International Airport is the nearest airport from Daringbadi so people can travel up to that airport and then they can take cabs to Balliguda. The distance between Balliguda and Daringbadi is about 40km so visitors can easily ride buses or cabs to reach Daringbadi.
It is very easy for the neighbouring places to reach Daringbadi by bus. There are many buses available if anyone wants to go Daringbadi from Berhampur or Balliguda.