Baripada is the cultural centre of North Odisha and it is the headquarters of Mayurbhanj district in Odisha. This place is also known as the educational hub because numerous professional colleges have been opened here. This place is well-recognized for its special art and culture. To honour the local talents, a festival called Chaitra Parva is celebrated here.
Top 5 tourist places in Baripada
1) Jwalamukhi Temple – This temple is dedicated to the Goddess of Light. It is one of the most sacred Hindu temples, but it owns a gold-made dome which was gifted by the Mughal Emperor, Akbar.
2) Jagannath Temple – This temple is dedicated to Lord Jagannath and it is known as the “Second Srikhetra” of Odisha.
3) Simlipal National Park – This National Park is a famous Tiger Reserve and a part of the Mayurbhanj Elephant Reserve as well.
4) Baripada Museum – This museum is famous for its special collection of stone sculptures, terracotta art pieces, ancient documents, and other aesthetic works.
5) Jubilee Library – Another name of this library is Sriram Chandra Library which is one of the most ancient libraries ever in Baripada.
Best time to visit Baripada
The time between November and February is perfect to visit Baripada. The temperature of summer remains around 19° to 45° which is not suitable for travelling and visitors have to face heavy rainfall if they travel Baripada in monsoon. Winter is the only time when every visitor can travel here without facing any bad weather.
How to reach Baripada
There is no specific airport in Baripada. Bhubaneswar and Kolkata airports are the nearest airports from the city. Kolkata’s Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport is 236 km away and Bhubaneswar’s Biju Patnaik International Airport is 254 km away from Baripada. From the airports, visitors can reach Baripada by taxi or bus.
Visitors can book railway tickets up to Baripada railway station, one of the oldest railheads in Odisha. The people of closer cities can travel on any local train to reach the Baripada railway station. Then you can easily take cabs or taxis to reach any part of the city.
The bus route is the best option to reach Baripada. Government and private buses are always readily available to reach the Baripada bus stand. Luxury buses and taxis are also available on this route.